Share Farmer / Dairy Manager Role
Local dairy farm in the Adelaide Hills currently has a vacant position available for a Share Farmer/Farm Manager to join their team.
The farm has great infrastructure with constantly maintained tracks, access to local amenities and tourism. Only 45 mins to Adelaide.
This is a full-time role with a salary package available to be negotiated based on experience. Previous Dairy Farming experience and farm management skills are necessary. Milking of approximately 180 with lots of opportunity to expand.
The position of Share Farmer/Farm Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties -
- Managing of the dairy including assisting with milking when required
- Overseeing and creation of Milking Rosters.
- Managing herd health and milk quality to maintain our targets and quality of product.
- Assisting with the breeding program.
- Overseeing of the stock raiser.
- Operate the day-to-day operations of the entire farm.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes and experience:
- Strong experience and expertise in all aspects of Farm Management.
- Have knowledge of all record keeping requirements relating to the herd.
- Good administration, communication and organizational skills relating to all aspects of the Dairy.
- Ability to work within a team environment as a member and also a leader.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of animal welfare.
- Capability to oversee all aspects of the Herds health.