Continued representation of the interests of South Australian dairy farmers which provides timely and strong advice to farmers as well as other parties with any interest in the dairy supply chain, locally, regionally and nationally.
Work done will reflect all reasonable efforts to enhance the status and future of the Dairy industry in South Australia and to mitigate adverse outcomes wherever possible.
The project will enable the dairy industry to have a strong voice to advocate on its behalf and to foster a robust relationship between government, processors, interested parties and producers, which is critical in supporting industry in its goal to be sustainable and profitable.
The project will allow SADA to play a vital role as the peak industry body in the dairy industry in South Australia in shaping policy decisions that impact the industry and strengthen industry’s capacity to have strong advocates representing the industry.
- Continue to represent dairy producers in discussions with Government and the community at large.
- Hold an Annual General Meeting.
- Participate in industry conferences and relevant field days promoting SADA and its role and function.
- Issue monthly newsletters and regular updates to members.
- Issue quarterly media releases.
- Meet at least twice with the Minister of Agriculture to discuss matters concerning the dairy industry as well as with other State Ministers as required.
- Undertake management and delivery of Government programs if requested or required.